Following are some simple guidelines to keep your speech and verbal packaging on the right track.
* Don't use jargon or technical language unless you are sure every member of your audience understands the meaning.
* Don't use profanity or slang. In general, using profanity damages your credibility.8 Be sensitive to whatever language your audience might find offensive, profanity or otherwise. Avoid name-calling and other forms of abusive language.
* Speak in everyday language. You want your audience to relate to you and to feel as comfortable with you as possible. Use language that will make you seem familiar and easy to follow.
* Keep your language simple and clear.
* Keep your sentences short. Use as few words as possible unless you are painting the picture--just one idea at a time.
* Use words that will engage the audience. Use "you," "we," "us," and even "I" if you are relating a personal experience.
* Don't use vague and abstract words. They muddle your meaning and confuse your listener.
* Don't talk down to your listener by using pompous and pretentious words. Be direct; don't bluff or beat around the bush.
* Use verb-driven language. By using verb-driven language, you will arouse a greater sense of action and motivation. Using these kinds of verbs will make your statement more convincing because your audience will engage their emotions, consciously and subconsciously. Verbs that are abstract or overused do not communicate excitement.
Kurt Mortensen's trademark is Magnetic Persuasion; rather than convincing others, he teaches that you should attract them, just like a magnet attracts metal filings. He teaches that sales have changed and the consumer has become exponentially more skeptical and cynical within the last five years. Most persuaders are using only 2 or 3 persuasion techniques when there are actually 120 available! His message and program has helped thousands and will help you achieve unprecedented success in both your business and personal life.
If you are ready to claim your success and learn what only the ultra-prosperous know, begin by going to http://www.PreWealth.com and getting my free report "10 Mistakes That Continue Costing You Thousands." After reading my free report, go to http://www.PreWealth.com/IQ and take the free Persuasion IQ analysis to determine where you rank and what area of the sales cycle you need to improve in order to close every sale!